Normal People by Sally Rooney | REVIEW

Hi everyone it Inder from the photo project today I'm going to be sharing a book review for normal people by sally Rudy.


 I finally picked this book up and I well obviously read it a funny story I was in a very terrible reading slump when I picked this up I was in the library out having a really crappy day if I'm being honest and I've been eyeing this book on the Shelf of the leisure reading section for some time so I decided to pick it up that day and just like read a chapter and let me tell you I was hooked. 

the writing is pretty stripped down very straightforward that I felt like okay I just finished a chapter the chapters are very short the book is very short and I thought you know what I think this is gonna be the book that's gonna get me out of my reading slump this is hailed as a millennial raw love story of our age to want so many awards and Sally moon is only like 28 years old.

 it's like a year older than I am so the book follows two teenagers who live in Ireland it's based and set in Ireland Marianne is a rich girl who lives in a mansion but from an abusive family she's a loner in school coño is an athletic handsome teenager his mother is from the working class she's a single mother who had him when she was a teenager and she also happens to be Mary Ann's family's housekeeper and he's very popular in school while she's a loner. 

he started this sexual relationship between them and from that day on it, just kind of like propels them into the future chapters are divided by time gaps so it could be a week later it could be three months later it could be a year later and so you get to see them at different phases and points in their life and you start to see their changing perspectives throughout the same time you see how the relationship kind of hooks them and unhooks them throughout the book as they go into University and Beyond and it was interesting because it's very tropi in the rom-com kind of feel rich girl poor boy get together she becomes popular he becomes the loner when they go to university.

 and it's about how like there's the shifting tides take them throughout life it's also this examination of what it be what it means to be normal especially because of their shifting roles throughout the book the popularity doesn't matter in the long haul or in that phase in your life you know when you're in high school everything's so high-end everything matters so much and it's just kind of a take on that but at the same time you're in university things open up a little bit more because of the time jumps you get to see so much of their lives in different phases and I like that about this I will say I did like the type jump format and the fact that the chapters were very concise and short and the writing was not a very descriptive look I love me a good atmospheric read but this was character-driven it was script down to dialogue mostly perspectives shift between the points of views at the same time also so you get the inner workings of their minds and

 why they do what they do but I did have some issues in the sense that when I was done with the book I didn't know how I felt about it I didn't know if I liked it or not in some ways I saw it reflected in myself as well there were moments that I was just like yeah no I understand this certain moment I felt like it was going too fast and

 I wanted to really just sit in on those moments just breathe into them a little bit more just try to unravel them instead of time jumping to another point in the book when we're talking about the other characters perspective maybe in that sense you could say that in allowing them to be brief you could analyze them in whichever way you wanted it's one of those things where I finished it and I thought what do I really think about this book it was a lot to unpack I think the relationship between Marianne and Connell is just electrifying for two people that know each other very well there seems to be a lot of misunderstandings and

 maybe that is also the point is that you can't and it is touched upon here is that you can't really truly know someone because people change all the time or rather they project a version of themselves that they want you to perceive and it's just a character study I suppose and a pretty effective one I guess the more I talk about it the more I could I'm convincing myself that I actually enjoyed it and so I guess this is a very honest brambly review I hope this made sense this is just my two cents on this book it packs a lot it unpacks a lot as well and that you want to like really talk about it there were moments where I just wasn't convinced in certain aspects or I thought things were moving too quickly it was wrapped up really quickly as an ending ending ending the last page.

 I was like okay I see what you were doing there but moving towards the ending I felt like it was rushed and a little bit incomplete and I like after finished I finished reading it I kept going back and forth and whether I liked it or not and I suppose and talking about it I can see where it works and where it doesn't so I'm in the middle I gave it 3 stars. 

I suppose it could go up to 4 stars now that I like to think about a little bit more but anyway this was super rumbly I hope this made sense so this is going on or a little longer than they expected so I'm gonna cut this short and say let me know down below if you've read this book what your thoughts were if you were as conflicted as I was or were you just completely wild because I know people are just like oh my god this was amazing and I was like wait a minute hang on I didn't completely feel that way so let me know that hello if you've read this book if you plan on reading this book and let me know your thoughts I look forward to hearing from you thanks so much for reading. 

I hope you enjoyed the article and I'll see you with my next one

Previous
Next Post »

If you have any doubts, please let me know ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon